Here at Andrew & Rogers we provide the latest in contact lens technology. Whether your a sports fanatic and need that extra edge on the tennis court or you fancy a glasses free evening out we can provide the right contact lenses for you. Contact lenses are always improving and changing, from silicon hydrogels to presbyopic lenses.
CHOOSING THE RIGHT TYPE OF CONTACT LENSES
If you decide to wear contact lenses you need to choose the right lens for your lifestyle. Here’s a guide to help you decide.
Types of contact lenses
There are two types of contact lenses:
- Daily disposable contact lenses – use them once and then throw them away.
- Reusable contact lenses – take them out and clean them at the end of each day, then replace them as directed by your eye care practitioner.
Why wear daily disposable contact lenses?
Daily disposable contact lenses are the most convenient way of correcting your vision and are very comfortable to wear.
- A fresh pair of lenses everyday is the most hygienic and healthiest way to wear contact lenses.
- They don’t need to be cleaned or stored.
- Their no-need-to-clean, daily disposable design is particularly good for an active or busy lifestyle.
- They are ideal if you like travelling or socialising, because you don’t have to clean them, store them overnight or carry your lens case wherever you go.
- Whilst being really convenient for every day wear, they are also a great choice if you wear contact lenses part-time or just occasionally.
Why wear reusable contact lenses?
It may be that your vision needs can only be corrected with reusable contact lenses, or it could be that they are your personal preference. Either way, reusable lenses are comfortable to wear and easy to look after. You’ll soon get used to cleaning and storing them as part of your daily routine.
And reusable contact lenses are the most cost-effective choice of contact lens for everyday use.
Your eye care practitioner is best placed to advise you on which contact lenses are suitable for you. He or she will give you a contact lens fitting to make sure you have the right vision correction and lens type for your eyes and your lifestyle.
New Biotrue® ONEday for Presbyopia changes everything – helping you see clearly and comfortably with your contacts, no matter where you are or what you’re doing. This revolutionary new lens has a 3-Zone Progressive Design for crystal clear vision at near, mid and far distances – so unlike today’s daily disposables you don’t have to compromise on clarity.
For more information on the Biotrue visit the page HERE, or call the practice.
For more information on the Johnson and Johnson range click HERE
For more information and to book your FREE initial contact lens appointment please call on: 01482 860362 and one of our staff will be more than happy to help.